Platinum membership is transferable.
Circle Club - Rules & Regulations
Each member and prospective member is required to carefully read the following rules and regulations, which should be observed in the interests of maintaining the highest quality of the Club and of its facilities. All of the following rules and regulations apply to all members, guests, visitors and staff. Membership will not be granted unless the prospective member declares that they have read, understood and agree to abide by the following rules. Failure in compliance with these rules may result in the imposition of a fine and/or penalty, and in serious cases, denial of access to The Circle Club, ejection from the Club and/or termination of membership. The Club reserves the right to change and make reasonable amendments to these rules at any time. Members will be notified of any changes made via notice boards displayed in the Club, and/or via post, email or website (www.circleclub.pk).
Tthe following terms shall have the following meanings, unless stated otherwise.
- The Club refers to Circle Club and its management.
- Club premises refers to the buildings, grounds and other adjoining areas within the boundary walls of the Club.
- Club property refers to all items present within the Club premises e.g. fixtures, furnishings, crockery, decorative items, equipment and vegetation etc.
- Member refers to a person holding a membership of the Club.
- Guest(s) refers to persons who do not have a membership of the Club, who may visit the Club, accompanied by a member
- On Club premises:
- All members and guests must conduct themselves in a quiet, respectful and well-mannered fashion at all times. Good order, proper hygiene and the consideration of rights and comfort of others must be observed at all times.
- Members and guests must not behave in a manner that will disturb or impair the use and enjoyment of the Club by any other person. The usage of foul, loud, rude and/or profane language will not be tolerated.
- At all times, members, guests and staff are required to display mutual respect for each other. No employee of the Club shall be abused or punished in any way by a member/guest.
- Members and guests are expected to be dressed in suitable attire at all times.
- Unauthorized photography of other members/guests is not allowed.
- Smoking, in areas other than the designated smoking areas, is prohibited.
- Members and guests may not bring, use or be under the influence of alcohol, drugs, anticoagulants, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, or tranquilizers.
- Music (except by permission of the Club), singing, whistling, and other loud noises are prohibited.
- The bringing and usage of weapons and armor is strictly forbidden.
- Outside food and/or drinks are not allowed.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Littering is strictly forbidden.
- Only the main entrance may be used to enter or exit the Club building. Entry/exit through side/staff doors is prohibited.
- CCTV cameras will be used in various parts of the Club for surveillance purposes.
- Theft, vandalism, misconduct, inappropriate behavior or any unusual activity must be reported to the management immediately.
- The Club reserves the right to use individual or group photographs and/or videos of members and guests for press and promotional purposes. However, where possible, the Club will ask members to sign a use of image rights form to consent to this usage.
- Hours of operation of all Club facilities are prominently displayed at the Club. All Club facilities will be closed at the advertised closing times, with the exception of any private functions. Members and guests are requested to abide by these timings, and leave sufficient time for showering/changing/collecting belongings from lockers if desired. Refusal to leave the facility after the specified time is up may result in the imposition of a fine, or in serious cases, cancellation of membership.
- The Club reserves the right to close part or all of the facilities for special events, repair, maintenance or expansion without prior notice, and change the operating hours of the facilities.
- Unauthorized movement and rearrangement of Club property e.g. furniture by members/guests is not allowed.
- Tipping, or granting gratuity to employees of the Club is not allowed.
- All breakages of crockery, glassware etc., or any other damage to Club property shall be paid for at a cost sufficient to replace it by the person breaking or damaging the same.
- Loitering of cars in front of the main entrance is not allowed. Cars must either be parked in the parking lot or taken out of the Club premises after drop off.
- Members may not give the Club address as their address in any advertisement in the public press or for business purposes.
- Any notice that needs to be given to the members may be conveyed via notice boards, post, newsletter, email or the Club website (www.circleclub.pk).
- All complaints must be communicated via writing through suggestion/comment boxes which can be found at various locations on the Club premises, or via email or post addressed to the General Manager.
- All disputes will be decided by the Club management, and its decision will be final and binding upon members.
- All candidates are interviewed by the Executive Committee. If the majority of the committee members are opposed to the admission of any person or family, such person or family shall not be granted a membership. A person or family not elected shall not be eligible for election again for a period of 6 months from the date of rejection. If rejected a second time, no further application shall be entertained. The Club shall not be under any obligation to provide reasons for refusal of membership.
- Applications of memberships will only be entertained if the Club receives filled membership forms, application processing fee and the relevant supporting documents from the applicant. The applicant must warrant the accuracy of information provided.
- Acceptance of an application for membership is at the Club’s absolute discretion, which will be exercised reasonably.
- Membership entitles members to make reasonable use of the facilities available at the Club.
- Immediate family members of an elected member will become ‘Family’ members of the Club in the Family membership, and will be allowed to use the Club facilities. Immediate family members include the spouse, up to four unmarried daughters and sons up to the age of 21 years, provided that they are non-earning. Unmarried/separated sons/daughters above the age of 21 and additional children can retain their family cards with an additional monthly subscription.
- Members will be entitled to the issuance of family membership card for one wife. In the case of additional wives, they will be given the option of becoming separate, full-fledged members of the Club upon payment of the appropriate membership fee.
- In cases where the membership is transferred to a wife upon the demise of a member, and the wife remarries, her spouse will not be entitled to a family membership. The spouse may apply for a separate, full-fledged membership.
- The onus of dress, decorum and general conduct of the family members falls on the member.
- Members must report any changes in personal information, such as address, marital status etc to the Club management so the membership record may be updated.
- At the discretion of the Executive Committee, membership may at any time, be revoked, suspended or canceled for misconduct and/or non-compliance with the Club rules and By-Laws.
- Different types of memberships and facilities are offered by the Club with different fees, which may change from time to time.
- The Club is receiving security deposit for enrollment as member. The Club is under the obligation to pay it back to its members on termination of its services / winding up of the Club. Members cannot demand this security deposit voluntarily or because of any reason except as mentioned above. The purpose of this security deposit is that the members strictly ensure compliance with all the terms and conditions of the Club and they may not cause a loss or damage to the club assets and repute. This amount is not adjustable against the services rendered by the Club to its members.
- A membership card will be issued to each member and family member when their membership has been approved by the Club.
- Each member must present their membership card at the gate for identification upon each visit. Entry without a card is not permitted.
- Each member, including child members, must have their membership card with them at all times when present in the Club. The Club Management reserves the right to request any member to show their membership card at any time on the Club premises.
- It is strictly forbidden for a member to lend their card to a non-member. If found guilty of doing so, the membership may be revoked.
- If membership has been terminated for any reason, the member is required to surrender their membership card to Management at the Club.
- In the case of lost, stolen or damaged cards, a replacement fee will be charged. The management must be notified immediately if the card is lost or stolen.
- All dues and cheques are non-refundable.
- Rates of monthly subscription and dues will be fixed by the Managing Committee and are subject to change from time to time.
- Members must mention their membership numbers on all correspondence and cheques/bank drafts sent to the Club. A copy of the bill must also be attached.
- If a member fails to pay the subscription/dues within 30 days of the due date of the bill, a late fee at the rate of 15% per annum will be charged upon payment.
- If a member fails to pay the subscription/dues within 60 days of the due date of the bill, they may be denied entry to the Club until all dues are cleared.
- Membership may be revoked if the member fails to pay the subscription for three consecutive months.
- If a membership has been revoked due to non-payment of dues, restoration of membership may be considered upon payment of all dues, in addition to payment for a security deposit equal to the accumulated bill of the previous six months.
- Payment can be made through cheque, pay order, demand draft, credit card, cash or any other equivalent method.
- Members, including their families, are allowed to bring a total of three individuals as guests to the Club in any given month, free of charge. Additional guests will be charged to use the facilities.
- Guests, unaccompanied by members, will not be allowed to enter the Club. Within the Club premises, members must accompany guests at all times. Members may not leave the Club before their guests.
- Members must make sure that all guests sign in at the reception desk. Violation of this rule will be taken seriously.
- Members are responsible for their guests’ behavior and conduct while on Club premises. Members must ensure that their guests are aware of, and comply with all Club rules and regulations. The Club reserves the right to eject a guest from the Club premises if they fail to comply with Club rules and regulations.
- Members are responsible for the payment of any expenses, debts or charges incurred by any of their guests.
- Certain former members, persons who have been rejected a membership, and former staff members may be ineligible to be a member or a guest of the Club, and may be denied entry.
- All visitors must report at the reception desk and wait in the lobby till a staff member is ready to escort them.
- Child members may only enter the Club if accompanied by their parent, legal guardian, or any other adult registered as a member at the Club.
- Parents or legal guardians must ensure that their children comply with all rules and regulations as mentioned in this booklet. Club management reserves the right to ask any member to remove their child from the Club premises if the child engages in misconduct, demonstrates rowdy/noisy behavior, or disturbs other members or staff in any way.
- Children must be under direct adult supervision at all times, unless involved in organized children’s activities or supervised within the Children’s Centre.
- Children are not allowed to use the hot tub, spa, sauna or steam facilities.
- Children must not be brought into the Club if suffering from any infectious diseases or conditions such as vomiting or diarrhea.
- The use of sport facilities of the Club by children is regulated by the respective by-laws.
- Members and guests must observe the directions and recommendations made by the Club staff and the written notices posted near any equipment or facility regarding the safe and hygienic use of the facilities.
- Appropriate attire and shoes must be worn for all facilities.
- Members and guests must acknowledge that the use of the gym and other facilities of the Club could be potentially hazardous – particularly to the inexperienced or unfit – and give rise to serious injury, therefore each facility must be used safely and prudently having regard to one’s own health and having regard for others on the Club premises. Therefore, members and guests use the Club facilities at their own risk. The Club will not be liable for any liability, claim or expense arising directly or indirectly from the injury or death of a member or guest on the Club premises. It is therefore strongly recommended that members and guests check with their doctor before making use of Club facilities.
- Members and guests may not use any of the Club’s facilities while knowingly suffering from any medical condition that could cause infection or injury to such member or guest, or any other person on the Club premises.
- Members and guests must take all reasonable steps to safeguard their belongings, and must not leave them unattended. Lockers have been provided for this purpose. The Club is not responsible for any loss, theft or damage to the belongings of any member or guest on the Club premises.
- In the event that a member shall observe a want of repair or any situation which could give rise to personal injury, the member should bring such observation to the attention of the management immediately.